5 Topics to Follow CES 2017
Gabriella Schwarz / January 4, 2017
Workers prepare a booth during setup for CES International, Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2017, in Las Vegas. The show runs from January 5-8. AP Photo/John Locher
A crowd of over 170,000 is expected in Las Vegas this week for the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES), one of the biggest and most-watched tech events of the year. Many of the world’s leading electronics companies, including Samsung, LG and Dell will attend the conference that observers expect will focus on robots, drones, smart devices, self-driving cars and digital personal assistants.
Follow all the developments from the four-day event with the CES 2017 Flipboard Magazine and learn more about some of the biggest trends with these topics.
Vlad Savov of New York takes a selfie wearing the ODG R-8 AR/VR smartglasses during a Qualcomm press event for CES 2017 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center on January 3, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Photo by David Becker/Getty Images
1. Robots: Expect more examples of how robots can integrate into our lives with robotic vacuums, coffeemakers and even ones that act as personal assistants.
2. Driverless Cars: Watch for products that can be added to cars to make them smarter. Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn will deliver a keynote to display his autonomous vehicle.
3. Virtual Reality: VR will be a constant at the show this year, with apps and devices focused on mixed and augmented reality.
4. Internet of Things: The Internet of Things, as we’ve come to call our continuous conectivity, will likely be a component of most presentations in Vegas.
5. Drones: Dozens of new drones are expected to make their debut this week, targeted at businsses and consumers.
~GabyS is following all the developments from the new Congress