<![CDATA[[caption id="attachment_33787" align="aligncenter" width="1220"] (LtoR) French presidential election candidates, right-wing Les Republicains (LR) party Francois Fillon, En Marche ! movement Emmanuel Macron, far-left coalition La France insoumise Jean-Luc Melenchon, far-right Front National (FN) party Marine Le Pen, and left-wing French Socialist (PS) party Benoit Hamon, pose before a debate on March 20, 2017 in Aubervilliers, outside Paris. (PATRICK KOVARIK/AFP/Getty Images)[/caption] At Flipboard, we take news seriously. From Brazil to Turkey to Korea, our News Desk works across time zones and languages to curate the best stories from trusted local sources. Here are three major developments this month getting some extra love from our international team. Follow any of these magazines or topics to watch what unfolds. The French Presidential Elections [caption id="attachment_33808" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Marine Le Pen and Emmanuel Macron CREDIT: AFP[/caption] The French are getting ready to pick their next president via two rounds of voting in April and May in a highly contentious election that will be a defining moment not just for France, but for Europe at large.The frontrunners are Marine Le Pen, a right wing populist who opposes the EU and vowed that Frexit is next, and Emmanuel Macron, a former economy minister running as an independent centrist. Although Le Pen leads the poll for the first round of voting, she is widely expected to lose in the second round. We shall see in this magazine:PRÉSIDENTIELLES 2017 by Flipboard France: The latest on the presidential race, in French. For more reading about politics in Europe, try:
- Punto de Mira: Europa by Flipboard España: Spanish magazine covering the main developments in Europe.
- Brexit Fallout by Flipboard UK: All the news from the impending process, curated by Flipboard UK.
- Europe: An in depth look at the continent as more elections are set to take place.
- European Union: How will the EU fare as more European countries discuss leaving?
- The Latin America topic: news and trends unfolding in the region.
- Lava Jato by Flipboard Brasil: covering the anti-corruption investigation carried out by the Brazilian Federal Police that has put many Brazilian high-profile politicians and businessmen behind bars.
- De Nustros Países by Flipboard Latinoamérica and Flipboard Latino: the latest news from the region’s major players.
- Europe and Turkey by Flipboard Germany: the strained German-Turkish relations as covered by the German media.