Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspective.
The Account Manager will be a major contributor to the success of Flipboard. You will support the Flipboard sales team, mainly in pre-sale efforts but ultimately through the entire campaign life-cycle from the RFP stage to campaign execution and renewal. You will partner cross-functionally with internal Solutions, Ad Operations, Production, and Design teams as well as directly build client relationships, growing our advertising accounts.
- Team closely with Sales Directors to build meeting materials for client pitch presentations.
- Design proposals for future campaigns through collaboration in strategic kick-off meetings with post-sale Account Managers, Sales Directors, Inventory and Solutions teams.
- Build plans in Excel and execute Keynote/PowerPoint decks in response to RFP proposals.
- Collaborate with Sales, Solutions and Research to gather data points and Flipboard positioning in response to client requests.
- Work closely with post-sale Account Managers to help support campaign launches, provide screenshots, monitor delivery, implement optimizations, and prepare campaign analysis materials in efforts to drive success towards up-sell and renewal.
- Collaborate with our production teams in building custom Flipboard ad units.
- Participate in weekly Account Management team meetings to share campaign insights and stay informed on product updates and weekly Ad Ops + Account Management campaign status meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Mac, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office (experience with pivot tables preferred)
- 1-3 years minimum experience in a Digital Media role
- Previous experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Desire to wear many hats and learn quickly in a challenging and adaptive environment.
Benefits and Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.