Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. Flipboard worldwide users log more than 1 billion user actions a day and more than 100 million readers every month reading leading publications, blogs and industry news. They also collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspective.
The Account Manager will be a major contributor to the success of Flipboard. You will support the Flipboard sales team, mainly in post-sale efforts but ultimately through the entire campaign life cycle from the RFP stage to campaign execution and renewal. You will partner cross-functionally with internal Ad Operations, Solutions, Production, Research, and Design teams as well as directly build client relationships, growing our advertising accounts.
- Participate in proposal kick-off for future campaigns through collaboration in strategic meetings with Sales Directors, Brand Planning, and Brand Solutions teams.
- Autonomously lead and manage the entire post-sale process – Contract terms and signature, campaign kick-off with all constituents, creative production project management and timeline creation, ad and/or content mock and video demo creations for client creative approvals, tagging set-up, launch QA, insights and reporting on a regular cadence, upsell opportunity identification, renewal strategy ideation
- Dedicate focus on ensuring a successful Flipboard partnership: Confirm successful launch with screenshots, monitor delivery and performance mapped to KPIs and benchmarks, present opportunities for optimizations and oversee implementation, and prepare campaign analysis materials in efforts to drive success towards up-sell and renewal
- Participate in weekly Account Management team meetings to share campaign insights and stay informed on product updates and weekly Ad Ops + Account Management campaign status meetings
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Mac, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office (strong experience with pivot tables necessary.)
- 3 years of experience in a client-facing, digital campaign management role
- Previous experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong attention to detail; enjoys working with data and conducting analyses
- Comfortable with leading presentations to agencies and clients alike to story tell around the success of a campaign and future partnership opportunities
- Desire to wear many hats and learn quickly in a challenging and adaptive environment
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team Celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies — you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.