Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
Our Commercial (Sales) Team is looking for a critical member to join the team. Your ability to build key relationships with exceptional communication skills, strategize based on key analytical findings, and follow-up will shape how clients understand the value of Flipboard’s ad products. The ideal candidate will be a team-player, able to conduct business with poise in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment and have a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to persistently explore and execute the tasks at hand.
- Work towards business goals while prioritizing an outstanding customer experience
- Lead demand generation and campaigns from conception, planning, execution and launch to post-launch analysis
- Contribute to territory strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities
- Work with Account Executive, Account Managers, and Planners as a critical member of a selling team and work closely with Partners
- Drive business development, forecast accurately and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the business cycle
- Explore and understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level
- Establish key relationships cross-functionally with regional peers
- Identify and pursue business development opportunities; analyze data trends and client performance, prepare and conduct presentations
- Maintain operational excellence for information on accounts and forecast
- Work with Partners in lead generation campaigns and sales
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1-2 years of experience in Sales
- Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems with the ability to work towards strategic goals
- Ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Ability to build influential relationships and deliver results in a cross-functional/matrixed environment
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated individual who is confident, thorough, and tenacious
- Analytical, detail-oriented and the ability to thrive with ambiguity
- Effective organizational and project management capabilities, with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.