Ad Product Manager
Sales & Ad Partnerships / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passions.
As an Ad Product Manager, you will be responsible for everything from roadmap strategy to working with engineers and designers to define, spec, and ship feature sets related to Flipboard’s ads and monetization products and platform. Responsibilities include collaborating with internal business stakeholders (sales and marketing) as well as external technology partners.
We encourage you to consider joining our team if you have:
- Experience navigating the complex ad tech ecosystem. An ability to assess the pros and cons of various technology solutions and make informed recommendations on how to leverage these solutions for Flipboard’s rapidly growing monetization goals.
- Consumer product intuition. You’ll be the key decision-maker representing the interests of our customers, including advertisers and publishers, and you deeply understand how to create engaging experiences for our end users.
- A deep empathy for users that comes from being a passionate user of their own product in every respect. A solid foundation and understanding of design that helps you to always push for the most elegant solution for the user while helping Flipboard grow its ads platform. A deep understanding of technology and software is not required but is immensely helpful.
- Cross-functional leadership capability in leading teams from across the company (engineering, design, marketing, etc) and effectively collaborate building products and services quickly and efficiently. This requires being able to speak the language of each team and to anticipate and meet each team’s unique needs so they can stay focused and work efficiently. You should have the gravitas to command the respect of people at all levels. A great product manager is selfless and lifts the efforts of everyone they work with. You can communicate and translate requirements and priorities between business and technical audiences.
- Communication skills – the ability to get a message across concisely and clearly, whether it’s writing, pulling together wireframes, assembling charts and spreadsheets, producing a presentation, or speaking to partners, customers, or coworkers. Good thinking for a product manager is most effective paired with good communication because of the collaborative nature of the work.
- Execution chops. We are a hands-on start-up, and our product leaders write specs and work closely with engineers to ensure product delivery.
- Analytical vigor – high quality quantitative and qualitative reasoning, including a solid grasp of basic microeconomics, finance, and statistics. You love working with data to gain insights.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 8+ years experience in Product Management, leading cross functional teams
- Experience in advertising software and technology services required
- Experience with DoubleClick for Publishers and related SSPs, DSPs, and DMPs from a variety of vendors
- Some programming experience is a plus
- Experience working on a mobile devices (iOS or Android) is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- BS with strong CS fundamentals, mathematics, or other quantitative field
Benefits and Perks
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.