Advertising Operations Specialist
Revenue Strategy & Operations / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
Flipboard is currently seeking an Advertising Operations Specialist to join the team. The Ad Ops Specialist is a crucial member of the Ad Operations Team and will be a major contributor to the success of Flipboard. You will support the full Flipboard Sales team (NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, Palo Alto, and Europe) and partner cross-functionally with internal Account Management, Engineering, Production, Research and Design teams.
- QA, traffic, launch and monitor a high volume of direct-sold digital media campaigns via Google Ad Manager.
- Review and reserve inventory for media plans in the Placements.io order management system.
- Work with Account Management to monitor and analyze campaign delivery, making optimization recommendations when necessary.
- Proactively investigate and troubleshoot ad serving errors, third party reporting discrepancies and campaign delivery issues, and provide resolutions to these issues.
- Assist with brand study and conversion tracking setup with Research team.
- Assist with end-of-month billing reconciliation with Sales and Finance teams.
- Assist in development and maintenance of documentation as the Flipboard ad product evolves.
- Learn new technologies and systems as the need arises.
- 1+ years of experience in digital advertising operations with a strong technical mind and understanding of digital media; publisher-side preferred.
- Experience trafficking and managing campaigns in Google Ad Manager (DFP).
- Knowledge of third-party ad servers and rich media technology (DCM, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc.).
- Experience working in an order management system (Placements.IO, Operative, etc.).
- Experience with web troubleshooting tools (ex. Charles, Chrome/Safari Inspector, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Drive office suite.
- History working in an in-app environment is a plus!
- Proven analytical skills, with exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills.
- Great communicator.
- Patience with advertisers, vendors, and all teams supported by Ad Ops.
- Ability to provide premier customer service and product tutorials.
- Enthusiasm to learn fast, wear multiple hats and thrive in an ever-evolving startup environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.