Business Operations Strategist (Temporary Employee)
Business Development / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing business insights using analytics to ensures cross-functional alignment of goals and execution and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
- Analyze and determine key insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics.
- Contribute to complex and time-critical projects for leaders by quickly understanding context and developing a prioritized approach for resolution.
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights.
- Communicate initiative findings to senior leadership by preparing polished presentations and identifying key takeaways.
- Contribute to larger corporate initiatives both on an on-going basis and on an ad-hoc basis.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Corporate Strategy, or equivalent project management experience in a technology/media company.
- Familiarity with database query, statistical analysis, and/or SQL coding preferred.
- Outstanding spreadsheet software modeling and presentation software production skills preferred.
- Effective problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills preferred.
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur, CEO Mike McCue and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.”