Community Support Manager
Product Management / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard has an enthusiastic community of users whom we actively listen to and interact with on a daily basis. Feedback from the community helps shape product decisions, surfaces problems, and helps drive marketing programs. We are looking for someone energized by providing outstanding support for a product that people love!
Flipboard is looking for a leader for our Community Support team, who serves as the primary point of contact for users who have general and technical questions or are experiencing trouble using Flipboard. The successful candidate will be proactive, tech savvy, with an upbeat personality who wants to make it their mission to keep our users happy and nurture that responsibility in the members of their team. This position will serve as head advocate for our users and will work with their team and our Product, Community, Engineering, and QA teams to communicate, troubleshoot, prioritize and document user issues and input.
- Manage global team of full-time and contract Support personnel
- Resolve and serve as escalation point for user inquiries via email, app stores and social media
- Define, refine and implement user support metrics
- Identify, document and analyze user issues, proactively advocate for solutions with engineers and product, and follow through to delivery to the user
- Identify and communicate data trends in user issues and implement improvements to processes, policies, and product
- Own all user support infrastructure and third party vendors, bringing together systems and processes to deliver outstanding user support
- Establish training and professional plans for community support teams
- 5-7 years experience managing a global user/customer support team
- Administrator-level experience working with Helpshift, Zendesk, Desk.com, Hootsuite, and/or other support tools
- Experience coordinating day-to-day work with a team of external contractors
- Experience developing employee development and growth plans
- Driven to provide excellent feedback and follow-through to cross functional partners
- Ability to prioritize and adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Passionate about user support and how it can positively transform businesses!
Benefits & Perks
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation
- Our CEO, Mike McCue, is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free breakfasts, snacks, and lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Free Caltrain GoPass or Palo Alto parking permit
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team Celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.