Account Manager, Content Partnerships
Revenue Strategy & Operations / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
We are seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial candidate to join our fast paced and growing Content Partnerships team. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital advertising & monetization ecosystem with the desire and ability to learn
more. This role will manage the full campaign lifecycle from pre to post sell and provide data driven insights to help grow revenue and effectively manage paid content amplification efforts for our premium publisher partners. The role is a full-time position and based in our NYC office, reporting to our Head of Content Partnerships.
- Work in Placements.IO, our order management system, and Google Ad Manager to plan and execute media for various types of content driven advertising programs.
- Participate in sales calls and meetings with the Head of Content Partnerships.
- Autonomously lead and manage the entire post-sale process for our publisher Content Partnerships initiatives. Contract terms and signature for new business, lead campaign kick-off with all constituents.
- Dedicate focus on ensuring a successful Flipboard partnership; Confirm successful launch with screenshots, monitor delivery and performance mapped to KPIs and benchmarks, present opportunities for optimizations and oversee implementation, and prepare campaign analysis materials in efforts to drive success towards up-sell and renewal.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal Ad Operations, Account Management, Ad Product, Research, Design and Yield Management teams as well as directly build client relationships, growing our advertising accounts.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Mac, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office (strong experience with pivot tables necessary). Having experience in DFP/GAM is a plus.
- 1-4 years minimum experience in a client-facing, digital campaign management or data analytics role.
- Previous experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising with a strong understanding of advertising performance, tracking and attribution.
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail; enjoys working with data and conducting analyses.
- Comfortable with leading presentations to agencies and clients alike to story tell around the success of a campaign and future partnership opportunities.
- Desire to wear many hats and learn quickly in a challenging and adaptive environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.
- Our engineering culture: We foster an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces critical thinking and innovation. Our engineers are passionate for their work, encouraged and empowered to find solutions for difficult problems in a creative, self-disciplined environment. Teamwork and collaboration are essential, and we believe every engineer is both a student and a teacher – sharing feedback and learning from each other every day.