Data Insights Analyst
Product Management / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
At Flipboard, we log more than 1 billion user actions a day. If the idea of analyzing and extracting insights from that data excites you, we want to talk to you!
As a Data Insights Analyst you will tackle complex questions, work with a constantly evolving product and, yes, encounter a ton of data. You will primarily work with our product team to discover insights about our users that will power our business and product development, and with the marketing team to analyze user acquisition and retention campaigns aimed at maximizing growth. You will also get to work closely with our publisher and ads teams to solve data mysteries and propose actionable insights that push our business forward.
We are looking for a candidate who is
- A Self-starter – You are intrinsically motivated by the thirst to understand the reality illustrated by the data.
- A Mystery solver – You don’t take data at face value. You look at the meaning behind data and question assumptions
- Resourceful – You employ creative problem-solving to reach answers even when the path forward is not clear
- Results Oriented – You keep your eye focused on the outcome, not just the process.
The successful candidate should have qualifications including
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering
- 2+ years of work experience in complex analysis
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with R or Python
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to convert abstract business questions to data problems
- Ability to communicate data concepts to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote/Slides
Benefits and Perks @ Flipboard
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation.
- Our CEO Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies.
- Our benefits include Vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: Basketball & Soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company.
Why Work at Flipboard
Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
Our team: We are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team.
Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship
Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.