Data QA Engineer
Engineering / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion.
In this critical role, the Data QA Engineer will use strong technical skills as well as business experience to investigate data issues, provide solutions to improve quality and automate monitoring while proactively identifying and resolving future issues.
- Research and analyze data issues, requirements and understand impact of data inconsistencies.
- Proactively look for inaccuracies in our data and see if there are any regressions.
- Data forensics such as chasing down data anomalies and their causes.
- Build test strategies, write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Work closely with product, platform and engineering teams to ensure features are instrumented correctly and without regressions
- Expand our end-to-end automated test coverage (optional and time permitting)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years experience as a quality assurance engineer in the capacity of a data testing
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field.
- Ability to independently analyze large amounts of data; identify, analyze, and interpret trends, gaps, patterns in complex data sets
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
- Knowledge of a scripting programming language such as Python
- Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application testing
- Ability to handle test activities independently
- Must love testing!
Good to have
- Candidates with experience in Ad tech industry is a huge plus.
- Experience in REST API testing, familiarity with testing tools such as TestNG, JUnit, Postman
- Experience with Selenium or other automation framework.
Benefits and Perks
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.