Digital Advertising Operations Specialist
Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s first personal magazine used by tens of millions of people everyday and we are looking for a Digital Advertising Operations Specialist to join the team in our New York office. Flipboard is about creating “aha” moments within its app. In the world where advertisers have plenty of opportunities to buy ads on different platform Flipboard offers a unique place for advertisers to come and build their brands. Flipboard is a product that supports only premium content and premium ads. Building the platform that creates a new market place and works at this scale requires knowledge, skill and passion. We are seeking self-motivated people to join our growing team who want to help Flipboard to scale and monetize the product by serving high quality ads.
The Ad Operations Specialist is a crucial member of the Ad Operations Team and will be a major contributor to the success of Flipboard. You will support the full Flipboard sales team (NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, Palo Alto, Europe, China, Japan) and partner cross-functionally with internal Account Management, Engineering, Production, and Design teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- QA, traffic, and launch direct-sold ad campaigns via the Flipboard Ad Portal.
- Process direct-sold insertion orders and Publisher booked orders in the Ad Portal.
- Provide Ad Portal support to publisher ad ops teams and advertising agencies.
- Work with Account Management to monitor and analyze campaign delivery and magazine usage reporting for brand magazine campaigns. Make optimization recommendations where necessary.
- Investigate and troubleshoot ad serving errors, third party reporting discrepancies and campaign delivery issues; provide feedback to Account Management, clients or vendors when necessary.
- Assist with end-of-month billing reconciliation.
- Work with advertising engineers to assist in advancing Flipboard advertising product and Flipboard Ad Portal interface.
- Maintain documentation shared with advertising and publishing partners as the Flipboard ad product evolves.
Why work on our Ad Ops Team? Because it’s all about the team!
- Work with our brilliant engineers to help shape our growing advertising product.
- Along with Flipboard’s production and design team, you will join our growing sales force in executing full screen ad campaigns, native content and rich brand magazines for some of the greatest brands in the world.
- Join a team of some of the most highly motivated and talented individuals from within the tech industry while working with top publisher titles and media organizations from around the world.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years experience in digital advertising operations with a strong understanding of digital media; publisher-side preferred.
- Experience with third-party ad tag implementation and reporting (Doubleclick, Sizmek, Atlas, Flashtalking, etc.). Familiarity with DFP Premium a plus.
- Experience with web troubleshooting tools (ex. Charles, Chrome/Safari Inspector, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced experience with pivot tables and Excel charts are a plus!
- Fantastic interpersonal skills. Ability to provide premier customer service and product tutorials. Great communicator. Patience with advertisers, publisher contacts, and all teams supported by ad ops.
- Enthusiasm to learn fast, wear multiple hats and thrive in an ever-evolving startup environment.
Why Join Flipboard?
- You will build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover and share content. We are a flat organization, which means that we believe great ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. From the beginning we’ve been uncompromising in creating an environment that inspires great work and values the balanced lives of our staff.
- Flipboard’s new Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation.
- Our culture will enable you to learn and grow while you are shaping the product and the company.
- Our CEO Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies.
- Our weekly “Thirsty Thursday” happy hour is a fun way to catch up with coworkers.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Benefits & Perks
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: Basketball & Soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it