Director of Revenue Partnerships
Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
We are seeking a passionate, entrepreneurial, and experienced candidate to oversee and manage our indirect monetization business. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the 3rd party advertising & monetization ecosystem with a proven track record of revenue generation and managing people. The role is a full-time position and based in our NYC office, reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Develop, manage and grow Flipboard’s reseller partnerships globally to achieve and exceed revenue targets
- Educate & train partners on our platform, its capabilities, and how our platform can be used to deliver customer outcomes
- Manage all revenue and related responsibilities with each territory
- Work directly with the brand development team to shape and scale our offering in each territory to maximize each markets overall revenue opportunity
- Partner closely with sales support team to ensure customer goals and expectations are being met and exceeded
- Work directly with our research team to produce actionable audience, data, and actionable insights that can be used to increase sales in each market
- Maximize revenue potential for new and existing partners from existing products and services through new pricing and packaging strategies
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals and performance targets
- Manage activity and sales pipeline to maximum efficiency and visibility
Desired Skills & Experience
- A passion for Flipboard and our mission
- 8-10+ years experience in advertising sales, working with Fortune 500 companies and advertising agencies
- Passionate about using data and insights to inform client investment strategy
- A proven track record building a pipeline and growing revenue to exceed sales goals
- Solid understanding of the programmatic media landscape
- Experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising (preferred)
- Ability to manage cross functional initiatives
- Ability to translate quantitative analysis into a executable business recommendation
- Excellent communication skills in all forms (written, presentations and negotiations) and ability to influence
- Thrive in fast-paced, start-up environment
- A self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and a demonstrated ability for cross team collaboration
- Role requires global travel
- BA/BS degree
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.