Engineering Manager, Data Infrastructure & Monetization
Platform Engineering / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard has millions of daily readers who read tens of millions of articles per day and more than 100 million readers every month. We support this content through our monetization strategies, including our revolutionary fullscreen ad product. Enabling the next generation of great content is core to what we do at Flipboard.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our advertising and data infrastructure engineers who want to power great content for our next billion users.
- Build the team by hiring, mentoring, and developing through performance management
- Develop, own, and evolve Flipboard’s data infrastructure platform
- Develop, own and operate the advertising infrastructure
- Work together with our world-class product, client, and sales teams to design and implement key product features
- Provide ongoing support for features throughout the product lifecycle
- Ensure efficiency, quality, and usability of high-profile client-facing system
- At least 7 years of programming experience, and 1+ year of engineering management experience
- Expertise with complex data service, including tools such ad Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and related technologies
- Proficiency with relational databases
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong communication skills and the desire to have fun building great software!
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.