Full Stack Software Engineer – Ads Platform and Monetization
Platform Engineering / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is about creating “aha” moments within its app. In the world where advertisers have plenty of opportunities to buy ads on different platforms, Flipboard offers a unique place for advertisers to come and build their brands. Flipboard is a product that supports only premium content and premium ads. Building the platform that creates a new market place and works at this scale requires knowledge, skill and passion.
We are seeking a self-motivated Full Stack Software Engineer who wants to help build a highly scalable, next generation ad serving platform. This is a salaried, full-time position based in our New York City office.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer – Ads Platform and Monetization, you will be designing and developing Flipboard’s next generation Ads Platform. You will also collaborate with Flipboard engineers in Palo Alto, Vancouver, and Seattle, who are responsible for the core platform, machine learning, and client apps. This is a great opportunity to contribute and grow as you build a platform that helps Flipboard realize its mission of informing and inspiring the world.
- Work with a talented Engineering team to develop a state-of-the-art ad serving platform
- Partner with the Flipboard ads and sales teams to understand the ads business so that you can conceive and build the most impactful product features
- Create tools for integration with the external ads ecosystem
- Analyze ads data and optimize revenue
- Take responsibility – own, plan and execute your projects!
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field with solid computer science skills
- 3-5 years of programming experience in Java / C++ / Python
- Solid skills in developing, maintaining and improving server software
- Willingness to learn new things and think outside the box
- Ads platform engineering background is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with company contributions
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free breakfasts, lunches, and snacks provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive and respectful and value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, partners, and user experience, which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency, and scale of our platform.