Head of Web Product Management
Product Management / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for everything from strategy and competitive analysis to working with engineers and designers to define, spec, and ship features that strengthen and grow Flipboard’s Web product. You will have broad visibility internally, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders as well as external technology partners. You will advocate for the unique needs of your users and champion the user cases that will make them more successful.
We encourage you to consider joining our team if you have:
- A passion for growing users. You understand the dynamics that bring – and retain – visitors to Web properties. And your passion extends to your own usage of the Web, noting interesting concepts you run across as you browse the Web and use Web products.
- Consumer product intuition. You will be the key decision-maker for the many facets of our unique Web product, to which you bring deep understanding of how to create engaging experiences for end users.
- Cross-functional leadership capability. You will be leading teams across the company (engineering, design, marketing, etc.) to collaborate effectively. You can communicate and translate requirements and priorities to creative and technical audiences.
- Execution chops. We are a hands-on environment, and everyone on our product team writes specs and works closely with engineers to deliver great products our users love.
- Analytical rigor. You love working with data to gain insights, and you use those insights to inform the day-to-day and longer-term decisions you make about the product.
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
- 5+ years experience in product management, leading new product development
- Experience driving Web performance metrics, e.g., conversions
- Experience with SEO and/or other product work designed to increase organic Web traffic
- Data orientation, with ability to distill meaning from multiple sources of data to inform product roadmap
- A passion for listening to, understanding, and collaboratively solving user problems
- Working knowledge of current mobile and web technologies
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- BS in technical or analytical field, or proven track record
Benefits and Perks
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.