Senior iOS Engineer
Engineering / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer with a background in shipping beautiful, high-performance, maintainable software to join our iOS team. Here at Flipboard you will take on complex problems, experiment with open source solutions and enjoy a culture that celebrates constant innovation. In this role you will work on a completely unique and beautiful app and be able to pair your experience with a talented and fun team!
What you’ll do:
- Build iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch apps and extensions
- Write clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping
- Use lldb, HockeyApp, JIRA, and FLEX to diagnose and squash bugs
- Tune CPU and memory performance with Instruments
- Work collaboratively with product managers and designers to develop features
- Integrate with web services and spec out APIs with platform developers
- Maintain a thoughtful commit history using git and conduct peer reviews using GitHub
What you know:
- Low level details of the Objective-C language and runtime
- Extensive experience with Foundation, UIKit, Core Animation and Cocoa Touch APIs
- How to build composable, extensible interfaces quickly
- How to work within and maintain an existing codebase
- Familiarity with git and common workflows are a plus but not necessary
- Swift knowledge is a plus
- You will build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover and share content.
- From the beginning we’ve been uncompromising in creating an environment that inspires great work and values the balanced lives of our staff.
- Our culture will enable you to learn and grow while you are shaping the product and the company.
- Our CEO Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s offices are open, beautifully designed spaces, and centrally located to public transportation.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.