Lead Data Insights Analyst
Finance / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspective.
At Flipboard, we log more than 1 billion user actions a day. We are seeking an enthusiastic Lead Data Analyst who is passionate about analyzing and uncovering insights from our dataset and is motivated to help build and develop a Data Insights team for the company. The primary focus of this role will be serving as the domain expert on user behavior and partnering closely with the product development team in shaping the product strategy and roadmap. With the aim of driving global user growth and engagement, this role will tackle complex product questions, engage with the marketing team to analyze user acquisition and retention, and collaborate with our publisher and ads teams to solve data mysteries and propose actionable insights that will deliver business impact and value.
- Be a thought leader and drive exploratory user behavior and product deep dives that lead to high impact business opportunities
- Identify critical business problems and translate them into technical analyses that deliver actionable insights
- Define, instrument and evaluate the effectiveness of A/B testing to inform and drive effective product decision making
- Define user engagement and product KPIs, create and maintain a management dashboard that communicates a story, trend and performance against goals
- Collaborate across Product, Marketing, Advertising and Finance in executing data analyses
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics or data science at a fast-paced tech company, consumer internet company preferred
- Advanced SQL skills, fluent in R and/or Python
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel preferred
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, present data concepts to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Ability to convert abstract business questions into data problems
Benefits and Perks @ Flipboard:
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation.
- Our CEO Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies.
- Our benefits include Vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: Basketball & Soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company.
Why Work at Flipboard
Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
Our team: We are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team.
Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship
Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.