Lead, Media Measurement and Analytics
Revenue Strategy & Operations / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspective.
Flipboard seeks a talented and self-motivated Lead, Media Measurement and Analytics, to support our global revenue team. This is an opportunity to help build and define a capability in an organization that values innovation, initiative, and partnership. The position is based in our New York City office and reports to the Head of Data Solutions. The ideal candidate would have a combination of industry experience, technical skills and deep understanding of the media measurement ecosystem, especially on mobile.
- Manage media research and measurement on Flipboard (e.g., brand impact, store traffic, sales studies, etc.)
- Lead media performance and optimization on Flipboard (e.g., conduct A/B testing, surface insights, build and optimize audiences via DMP, develop best practice, etc.)
- Surface insights to support sales and provide consultative support in client meetings
- Help develop innovative data-driven solutions and partnerships to meet global client needs
- Keep up-to-date with the latest metrics and measurement approaches and apply those learnings to drive innovation
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of digital/mobile research and measurement experience with a media agency, adtech company, or mobile platform
- BA/BS with quantitative area of study (e.g., business/economics, marketing, statistics, data analytics, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and interpret/troubleshoot data
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work independently – a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, ad operations, product and engineering
Benefits and Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.