Lead, Programmatic Partnerships
Revenue Strategy & Operations / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is currently looking for a Lead, Programmatic Partnerships with a strong foundation in ad tech to help take Flipboard to the next level. The right candidate will possess technical and operational skills as well as the ability to interface with external advertising clients.
Responsibilities – Operations (60%)
- Act as the administrator of SSP/exchange platforms. Execute deals in programmatic marketplaces.
- Work directly with SSP & DSP partners to troubleshoot deals that our clients and sales managers require assistance in resolving.
- Identify & resolve technical issues, prioritized by highest revenue potential (at the platform and deal level).
- Assist in regular trainings with the sales managers, pre-sales & post-sales account management teams on new ad features, vendor partners and best practices.
- Be hands-on and client-facing – involved with day-to-day programmatic account management and campaign delivery.
Responsibilities – Sales/Business Development (40%)
- Call on agency trading desks (ATDs) and demand-side platforms (DSPs) directly
- Support the sales team in-market during agency and advertiser-direct presentations
- Prospecting: Identifying open exchange buyers & surfacing to sales team
- Holding QBRs with major supply-side partners to ensure they are providing Flipboard with proper revenue growth strategies
- 3-7 years of total digital media experience
- 3+ years in Programmatic Strategy, Programmatic Sales and/or Sales Engineering
- Intimate working knowledge of Google Ad Manager
- Working knowledge of RTB platforms specifically: Rubicon, TripleLift, SpotX, Amazon A9/TAM
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (position has exposure to a variety of groups: clients, sales, account management, product & engineering)
- Experience working at a mobile app-based company, or with mobile app inventory is a plus
- Experience working with major DSPs including Google’s DV 360, Trade Desk, Adobe, OATH by Verizon, MediaMath is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform