Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Engineering / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
The Lead Engineer for Quality Assurance directs the day-to-day operations of the QA resources.
Translates requirements into effective test cases, test planning, test automation and test execution. Possesses solid working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within quality assurance. Documents and tracks software defects identified through testing and work with engineers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Work with stakeholders in engineering and cross-functionally to define and execute on a vision around agile testing methodologies and progressive best practices to ensure high quality product releases in suitable timeframes
- Facilitate and drive the QA process for product development teams while remaining flexible to individual team needs
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for individual QA contributors
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology members under the needs of the QA team
- Participate in product and engineering review meetings to determine status, problem areas, suggest and review actions, directing/planning necessary work, activities and tools.
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our quality and testing approach
- Own iOS product testing as well as management of vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1 year minimum management or other leadership experience
- 6 years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
- Responsible for ensuring test delivery and management of QA resources, pipeline, status reporting, test plans, cases, results, test readiness reviews, post-implementation reviews
- Work with the QA team to further develop the test automation tools and strategy for the mobile, web applications and services
- Solid understanding of relevant technologies
- Experience with one or more object oriented programming language
- Working knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle principles and QA methodologies
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with QA tools for test automation and performance testing
- You will build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover and share content.
- From the beginning we’ve been uncompromising in creating an environment that inspires great work and values the balanced lives of our staff.
- Our culture will enable you to learn and grow while you are shaping the product and the company.
- Our CEO Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s offices are open, beautifully designed spaces, and centrally located to public transportation.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.