Marketing Associate, Communities & Curation
Brand Marketing & Communications / Redwood City, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
The Marketing Associate will be focused on fostering and growing our ecosystem of curators on Flipboard, our most engaged and passionate audience. This person will be working with both users, clients and publishers building a presence on Flipboard, helping develop product education communications, events and community connections. As a small team, this person will also be closely involved in designing and executing curator marketing programs that are central to Flipboard’s growth strategy. This is an amazing opportunity to participate in all aspects of marketing, events, partnership promotions and data analysis. We are seeking an enthusiastic, strong team player and clear communicator who is excited to dive in and learn all aspects of marketing. The Marketing Associate will report into Marketing and will work in close collaboration with the Growth team.
Responsibilities – Marketing Programs & Projects
- Foster and create genuine connections between Flipboard and our curator communities in verticals such as Food, Sports, Science, Marketing and Travel.
- Build and manage communication programs that support the curator journey–understanding and advancing the path to being an active curator on Flipboard
- Focus on uncovering innovative ideas that bring value to our users and presenting insights to the product and engineering teams
- Passionately bring creative ideas to the table that improve Flipboard’s usability, and impact growth, curator engagement, acquisition, and retention
- Curator/Community development process and responsibilities include:
- Researching, identifying, and articulating user experiences in the Flipboard product (ex: conducting user testing)
- Develop tools (like social programs, best-practices, email, and videos) to educate users and share user stories
- Build community destinations inside of Flipboard where community members can be featured/celebrated
- Interview and engage with curators, publishers and influencers on Flipboard
- Provide structured feedback to the product and engineering teams to produce prototypes, designs, and wireframes in support of community features
- Act as a positive representative for Flipboard with the community, building community programs and bringing like-minded community members together in creative ways
- Create email campaigns for product launches and user communications
Responsibilities – Communicating Analysis
- Learn from our most engaged users and curators to better understand the Flipboard experience that they would love, and advocate for building this experience through work with the design and product teams
- Conceptualize an abstract idea and turn it into user-friendly features per specific use cases, while collaborating with the UX/UI designer
- Identify the data needed to track through testing/learning of new features for curators
- Locate and document areas of improvement for curators
- 1-3 years experience, preferably in marketing position(s) at a consumer internet company
- A natural curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and ask why
- Enjoy and seek out customer feedback, perspectives and motivations
- Passion for product usability and using data to understand behaviors; experience with Google Analytics is helpful
- Willingness to lead and be proactive in seeking answers
- Strong communication skills, ability to understand and synthesize customer feedback
- Ability to work effectively within a mix of onsite and offsite team
- Unyielding desire to learn and improve on processes
- Community, project or product management experience in college, internship or full-time job desired
- Experience with community surveys, Mail Chimp or other communication tools
- Written communication skills will be important in this role
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform