Design / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
At Flipboard, we believe that great stories move the world forward. Our mission is to create a product and an ecosystem where people can share, consume, and curate those great stories. We believe we are positioned to help shape the future of digital storytelling and content consumption.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels and interactions right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design skills, to build world-class experiences. The team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Design, develop, and create useful and valuable user experiences across web, client, and mobile platforms
- Distill broad, conceptual ideas into practical and engaging interfaces
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and engineers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch and beyond
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Excellent communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them
- Self-starter who can deeply collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Portfolio of quality product, visual, and interaction design work
- Excellent command of typography, grid systems, color theory, iconography, and other related aspects of visual design
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- 1-3 years of application, visual, and interaction design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
Benefits and Perks
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation.
- Our CEO Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies.
- Our benefits include Vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: Basketball & Soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company.
Why Work at Flipboard?
Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
Our team: We are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team.
Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship
Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.