Product Manager, Ad Products
Product Management / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
We are looking for an experienced and talented Product Manager to own and drive ad product formats, performance and quality. This is a full time position based in our New York City office.
As the Product Manager, Ad Products at Flipboard, you will be reporting to the Head of Monetization Products and working closely with local engineering and operations teams, as well as those in Palo Alto, Seattle and Vancouver, to deliver monetization products and programs vital to Flipboard realizing its mission of informing and inspiring the world.
- Own and drive ad product programs from conception to commercial launch
- Work closely with analytics team to define and report on relevant KPIs
- Continually optimize product and financial performance, resolve issues and bring actionable insights internally and to external partners
- Partner with sales, account managers, marketing and other stakeholders to understand the needs of internal teams and address them through product recommendations and deliverables
- Prioritize features and bug fixes with stakeholders, and work with design and engineering to deliver
- Represent the voice and requirements of external customers through calls and on-site meetings
- Translate product requirements into marketing and technical specifications
- Provide reporting to stakeholders on post-launch metrics
Required Qualifications / Skills
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business or other analytical field
- 3-5 years of experience in product management, specializing in digital media monetization and platforms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Deep understanding of and experience in the digital advertising ecosystem, including publishers, ad-serving platforms, DSPs, SSPs, ad agencies, ad exchanges, audience measurement, third-party verification, and various digital media formats such as display, video and native
- Passion for building innovative products that solve user needs through a deep understanding of the customer
- Ability to travel 1 – 2 times/month primarily in the US
- Passion for innovation, media, advertising and developing new monetization opportunities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial in nature with an inventive, curious nature to see beyond the current landscape
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.
Brian Gottesman wrote:
Proposed panel: – Jack – Danielle – Brittany – Colin – Irene – Brian (45 minutes)
2nd round: Ishpreet
last round: Kal