Product Manager, Advertising Products
Product Management / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Product Manager to own and drive ad product formats, performance and quality. You will be reporting to the Head of Monetization Products and working closely with local engineering and operations teams, as well as those in Redwood City, Seattle and Vancouver, to deliver monetization products and programs vital to Flipboard realizing its mission of informing and inspiring the world.
All teams at Flipboard are working remotely during the pandemic; this role will be based in our New York City office after the pandemic.
- Partner with Sales, Account Managers, Ad Ops, Product Marketing and other stakeholders to understand the needs of internal teams, advertising partners and end users
- Partner with principal stakeholders to define the objective and key results for each ad product launch
- Partner with Design and Engineering on ideation of ad product concepts and deliverables
- Own and drive ad product development, validation, release and iteration
- Align with analytics team and engineering leads on reporting requirements to ensure instrumentation supports monitoring of key metrics at launch
- Provide reporting to stakeholders on post-launch metrics
- Translate product requirements into technical specifications and documentation
- Continually optimize product and financial performance, resolve issues and bring actionable insights to internal and external partners
- Represent the voice and requirements of external customers through calls and on-site meetings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the ad tech space (formats, protocols, privacy, efficiency, etc) as it evolves
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in product management, specializing in digital media monetization and ad technology
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Strong project management and Agile product development acumen, including at least 3 years working with JIRA or equivalent tracking system
- Deep understanding of and experience in the digital advertising ecosystem, including publishers, ad servers, DSPs, SSPs, ad agencies, ad exchanges, ad and audience measurement, third-party verification, openRTB, and various digital ad formats such as display, video and native
- Experience building solutions for both both web and mobile app environments
- Passion for building innovative products that solve user needs through a deep understanding of the customer
- Passion for media and advertising, and developing new monetization opportunities therein
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial in nature with an inventive, curious nature to see beyond the current landscape
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, London, etc.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.