Product Manager, CRM & Growth
Growth & Business Development / Remote (USA)
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are looking for a Product Manager, CRM & Growth to help grow the Flipboard user base through acquisition and retention strategies. You should excel at building engaging experiences with highly contextual and personalized messages that guide users throughout their user journey. As such, you will play an important role in driving 7-day user retention.
You will act as mission control for the millions of emails and notifications being sent every day, working closely with our editorial and marketing teams to execute their campaigns and providing analysis and insights on an ongoing basis. You should be passionate about growth and know the difference between growth loops and funnels. You should also have a strong analytical and data-driven mindset with the ability to find signals in noisy data.
All teams at Flipboard are working remotely during the pandemic; this role may work remotely during and after the pandemic from anywhere in the United States.
Education & Experience
Significant understanding of and experience in best practices around CRM, email marketing and mobile push notifications, for example, you have experience with platforms like Responsys, Exact Target, Braze, Leanplum, Urban Airship etc.
Strong proficiency in analytics (e.g. GA) and A/B testing frameworks, preferably proficient with SQL
B.S. or M.S. degree and 5+ years of experience as a product manager working with CRM, funnels and other growth disciplines
Highly disciplined and organized, self-motivated, looking for growth
You’re not just repeating a playbook; you’re looking at every problem with fresh eyes and digging deep for insights and solutions
Highly analytical with strong skills and judgment to break down challenging problems and come up with solutions
Must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Coordinate product development and execution related to Internal CRM tool, Email Marketing, Push Notifications, Landing Page Optimizations, and more
- Collaborate on a daily and hands-on basis with the Editorial team on email and notification performance
- Be an internal subject matter expert on email and push notification platform/experiences
- Collaborate with Marketing and Growth on programs, from initial design phase to testing, product development and execution, to increase company KPIs around activation, engagement and retention
- Develop product roadmap and prioritization, synthesizing input from senior stakeholders and coordinating with other PMs
- Develop dashboards and provides analysis and insights to cross-functional teams on an ongoing basis
- Identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve the funnel and onboarding performance through A/B testing and analysis
- Own the emails and notification strategy as it pertains to building triggers for product education and various engagement loops
- Present updates on strategy and results to leadership
- Make data-driven decisions and work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams
- Significant understanding of and experience in best practices around CRM, email marketing and mobile push notifications, for example, you have experience with platforms like Responsys, Exact Target, Braze, Leanplum, Urban Airship etc.
- Strong proficiency in analytics (e.g. GA) and A/B testing frameworks, preferably proficient with SQL
- B.S. or M.S. degree and 5+ years of experience as a product manager working with CRM, funnels and other growth disciplines
- Highly disciplined and organized, self-motivated, looking for growth
- Ability to look at every problem with fresh eyes and digging deep for insights and solutions
- Highly analytical with strong skills and judgment to break down challenging problems and come up with solutions
- Must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, London, etc.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.