Programmatic Operations Manager
Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion.
Flipboard is looking for a Programmatic Operations Manager to maximize revenue through programmatic channels across the Flipboard advertising portfolio. This individual will handle programmatic & 3rd party reporting, deal creation, and platform optimization, including trouble-shooting ad-related issues, individual deal IDs/tokens (PMP deals) as well as assisting the revenue operations team in yield management functions.
The ideal candidate will have a background and experience in Ad Technology, Ad Operations and Programmatic Yield Management. Work with systems such as Rubicon, Google DFP, Google’s Doubleclick AdExchange, Freewheel, Teads, Amazon A9 is highly valuable. We’re looking for someone with the ability to be client-facing, acting as a liaison between the Flipboard sales team and DSP/Trading Desk partners.
Key Day-to-Day Responsibilities (Operations)
- Act as administrator of all SSP/exchange platforms. Execute deals in programmatic marketplaces.
- Create and troubleshoot programmatic deal offer packages with buyers, manage all rules and price floors.
- Identify & resolve technical issues, prioritized by highest revenue potential (at the platform and deal level).
- Work directly with SSP & DSP partners to troubleshoot deals that our clients and sales managers require assistance in resolving.
- Work with internal team (ad tech engineer) to troubleshoot platform integration issues & deal IDs / tokens.
- Monitor and maintain ad quality across our portfolio of partners. Manage block lists.
- Assist in regular trainings with the sales managers, pre-sales & post-sales account management teams on new ad features, vendor partners and best practices.
- Be hands-on and client-facing – involved with day-to-day programmatic account management and campaign delivery.
- Set up and run 3rd party ad tags with indirect partners.
- Work with programmatic, product and ad operations teams to evaluate, implement and test partner platform technology.
Key Day-to-Day Responsibilities (Yield Management & Analysis)
- Perform & distribute regularly scheduled reporting by platform and advertiser.
- Maximize campaign delivery, revenue, margin, and eCPM performance for impressions sold programmatically.
- Monitor KPIs (CTR, VCR, STR) & make optimization recommendations.
- Identify open exchange buyers who can be converted to private buyers – surface this report to sales team.
- Work closely with our revenue operations and Accounting/Finance teams on programmatic performance reports.
- Create and maintain programmatic forecasting models, dashboards and other analyses related to programmatic deals and other 3rd party revenue streams.
- Help inform the monetization team on CPM, impression and revenue trends through data-driven insights.
Required Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2-3 years programmatic/adtech experience or technical account management/technical operations.
- 5+ years of digital media experience.
- Intimate working knowledge of Google DFP (aka DCM).
- Experience working with video ads and the IAB VAST 2.0/3.0/4.0 specifications.
- Experience working with rich media and mobile ads (MRAID).
- Knowledge of RTB platform/specs (Rubicon, Google AdX, MoPub, etc).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills – this position has exposure to many teams including Client side, Sales, Account Management & Engineering.
- Looking for someone with the ability to be client-facing, acting as a liaison between the Flipboard sales team and DSP/Trading Desk partners.
Additional Skills (Bonus)
- Experience with mobile apps and mobile in-app programmatic.
- Experience working with Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, The Trade Desk, Adobe’s TubeMogul, AOLOne Platform and other DSPs
- Familiarity with DMPs (ORACLE) and advanced targeting / segmenting.
Benefits and Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.