Programmatic Sales Lead, Advertising Partnerships Europe
Sales & Ad Partnerships / London, UK
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion.
We are searching for an experienced Programmatic Sales Manager EMEA to be based in London or other European location. The primary goal will be to deliver advertising revenues thru our programmatic channels by developing and maintaining relationships within the programmatic marketplace. You’ll be required to manage our programmatic demand partners (DSPs, advertising networks, RTB channels and agency trading desks and programmatic buyers) and develop a strategy to grow revenues quarter-over-quarter in the region.
What You'll Do
- Directly sell programmatic inventory to agency trading desks, DSPs and/or direct advertising clients when not covered by direct sales force.
- Establish and nurture relationships with multiple programmatic demand sources.
- Manage the relationship with SSP’s to increase demand
- Provide direct sales team with technical and strategic support for premium PMP sales opportunities with advertisers, agencies, trading desks, and DSPs.
- Optimise commercialisation of inventory in programmatic marketplaces for Europe, including developing seasonal and tentpole-focused inventory packages as well as collaborating with SSP partner(s) when appropriate to capitalise on their market-making efforts.
- Partner with sales marketing team to develop programmatic marketing materials.
- Identify areas for potential ad product development based on programmatic demand needs in Europe. Partner with ad product and engineering teams to evaluate ad tech, SSPs/Exchanges, and demand partners that are incremental to our programmatic offering.
- Keep up to date with industry programmatic trends and technologies, driving recommendations to help us stay current, anticipate emerging trends and companies, and maximise revenues
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years digital, 2+ years in programmatic
- Strong understanding of the mobile programmatic sales ecosystem (including exchanges, ad networks, DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, trading desks, etc.), and strong relationships within the space, with an emphasis on ATD, DSP and agency relationships
- Strong quantitative capability to analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized media solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – ability to solution sell and communicate complex technical features in simple terms Excel skills
- Negotiation skills Ability to travel when necessary
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.