QA Engineer, Ads & Data
Client Engineering / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
We are looking for a strong QA Engineer, Ads & Data with a passion for product quality to join the team. You will be an integral part in ensuring our high quality standards of Flipboard for our users. In this role you will work on a completely unique and beautiful app and be able to pair your experience with a talented and fun team! The position is based at Flipboard’s headquarters in Palo Alto, CA.
- Investigate ads, backend data issues and provide solutions to improve quality
- Perform functional manual testing of new & existing features to cover all UI design specs
- Manage multiple tasks, projects, and switch between them quickly
- Create a detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Provide clear visibility on plans, communicate issues/risks, and progress to the team and leadership team to resolve quality issues on time
- Go beyond test execution and participate in improving test processes, propose new ideas on how to improve customer satisfaction and the quality of the product
- Work within the existing automation framework, and contribute new functionality and integrate new tools as needed
- Work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and be a team player
- Minimum 5 years experience working with iOS applications or Android applications
- Knowledge of Charles proxy or similar debugging tools
- Strong knowledge of any programming language – Java, Python
- Experience in REST API testing and debugging
- Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical and creative thinker
- Strong technical and communication skills who can contribute to a team environment
- Dedication to quality and process improvement with a positive, collaborative approach to testing
- Deep understanding of SQA test methodologies, practices, and concepts
- Strong analytical, Debugging skills & experience troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail
- Expert ability to write clear and concise test documents
- Experience in test automation using frameworks, specifically TestNG or JUnit a plus
- Experience testing Ad tech is a strong plus
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-changing environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with company contributions
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform