Recruiting Coordinator (Temp)
People / New York, NY or Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
The People Team is looking for a positive and resourceful Recruiting Operations Specialist to temporarily join the team for a duration of approximately 4-5 months. You will play a key role in delivering a positive and white-glove candidate experience as the first point of communication between Flipboard and all prospective employees. This position will be based at headquarters in Palo Alto, CA or in our NYC office and report into the Head of Recruiting. If you’re passionate about people and thrive in an ever-changing, start-up environment, this role is for you!
- Partner closely with Head of Recruiting and hiring managers to facilitate an interview and onboarding experience reflective of the Flipboard brand and culture
- Schedule and reschedule phone, video, and on-site interviews across multiple offices in differing time zones and arrange all interview logistics (initial greeting, conference rooms, lunches, parking, travel, hotel, etc.)
- Greet all on-site candidates and ensure a seamless interview experience
- Troubleshoot any interview issues promptly (i.e. Zoom connectivity)
- Process candidate travel reimbursement reports with Finance
- Provide exceptional customer service to vendors, candidates, and all external parties
- Schedule pre- and post-interview debrief meetings with interview panels as requested
- Manage candidate profiles and update pipeline statuses
- Communicate important onboarding details to the onboarding team, hiring managers, and new hires (i.e. offer letters, start dates, day 1 logistics, etc.)
- Conduct background checks and process employee referral bonuses as needed
- Set-up new hire desk with swag and equipment provided by IT
- Order new hire welcome baskets for all office locations
- Participate in new hire orientation and verify IDs for I-9 purposes
- Take pictures of new hires and update Flipboard’s welcome website and org chart
- Maintain data integrity in ATS and other shared Google Docs/Sheets
- Facilitate requisition approval process between hiring managers, People, and Finance
- Post job descriptions internally and externally and update hiring managers and all employees
- Order, ship, and distribute Flipanniversary gifts prior to or day of company All Hands
- Assist with visa and green card processing as needed
- Provide ad hoc support to the People Team
- Answer any recruiting related questions from internal team members and candidates
What You're Good At
- Delivering a positive and personalized candidate experience
- Thriving in an ever-changing, start-up environment
- Rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
- Navigating ambiguity and increased workflow with poise, sensitivity, and good judgement
- Communicating with people at all levels of the organization in different locations
- Operating efficiently with an obsessive attention to detail
- Multitasking and switching gears quickly
- Anticipating what’s to come and following-up
- Prioritizing workload and keeping accurate and confidential information
- Identifying areas for improvement and offering creative solutions
- Being a team player and providing assistance wherever needed
- 1-3 years of recruiting or recruiting team support
- Prior scheduling experience is a must
- Familiarity with Lever or similar Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Strong proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Passion for building and being a part of a high performing team
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.