Sales Director, Los Angeles
Sales & Ad Partnerships / Los Angeles, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. Flipboard worldwide users log more than 1 billion user actions a day and more than 100 million readers every month reading leading publications, blogs and industry news. They also collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspective.
Flipboard is seeking an experienced Sales Director to develop our business with advertisers and their agencies for a full-time position based in Los Angeles. You will work with the world’s top advertisers to develop strategic and creative marketing solutions that help connect these brands to specific target audiences on the platform. The Sales Director is relied on to drive the business to meet the objectives of marketers, helping them innovate in new and exciting ways.
- Grow advertising revenue for Flipboard as a direct seller with key clients and their agencies
- Educate clients and their agencies on the unparalleled mobile consumer experience and marketing opportunities that Flipboard offers
- Penetrate key account decision makers across client and agency organizations in a variety of roles including digital media, strategy, mobile, social and content marketing
- Work closely with Account Executive, Brand Planner, and Account Manager on developing go-to-market and sustainable partnership strategies to surpass revenue goals
Desired Skills & Experience
- Established relationships with marketing decision makers at companies and agencies
- 5-7 years experience in digital media sales, working with Fortune 500 companies and advertising agencies
- A track record of demonstrating an ability to build and grow revenue
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, start-up environment
- Deep understanding of platform media landscape, and opportunity for marketers
- Preferred experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising
- Programmatic sales experience required
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- A passion for Flipboard and our mission
- BA/BS degree
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team Celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies — you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.