Senior Sales Planner
Revenue Strategy & Operations / New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
The Senior Sales Planner will be a major contributor to the success of Flipboard. You will support the Flipboard Sales team, mainly in pre-sale efforts but ultimately through the entire campaign life-cycle from the RFP stage to campaign renewal. You will partner cross-functionally with Account Management, Sales, Inventory, Ad Operations, Product Marketing, and Design teams as well as directly build client relationships, growing our advertising accounts.
- Be the primary pre-sale point-of-contact, serving as the “owner” for the entire RFP/proposal process
- Be a core contributor to strategic RFP kick-off meetings with Sales Directors, Inventory, and Account Management teams
- Design and produce core proposal materials including media plans and specs in Excel format and proposal decks in Keynote and PowerPoint formats
- Team closely with Sales Directors and Account Executives to build meeting materials for client pitch presentations
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Design teams to create materials in support of bespoke, bigger ideas
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management to gather data points and Flipboard positioning in response to client requests
- Have strong ability to pull data from Comscore, Oracle, GWI, etc. to develop key insights in support of RFP proposals required
- Attend weekly Sales Operations and Account Management team meetings to stay informed on campaign insights and product updates to inform future proposals
- 2-3 years minimum experience in a Digital Media role
- Previous experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Keynote, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- Excel and basic media math knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Desire and ability to wear many hats and learn quickly in a challenging and adaptive environment
- Experience with Order Management Systems preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, London, etc.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.