Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Growth & Business Development / Redwood City, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
The Growth team at Flipboard helps acquire, engage, and retain users by continuously optimizing organic acquisition funnels, the app onboarding experience, and contextual communications via email, push and in-product experiences.
We are looking for a Senior Growth Marketing Manager to join our Growth team, to help grow the Flipboard user base. You will own the strategy to drive 7 day user retention as well as major organic acquisition funnels. You should excel at building engaging experiences with highly contextual and personalized messages that guide users throughout their user journey. You should be passionate about growth and know the difference between growth loops and funnels.
- Own our 7 day retention strategy
- Optimize major organic acquisition funnels across web and app clients
- Optimize the onboarding flow so that users are set up for success within the product
- Identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve the funnel and onboarding performance through A/B testing and analysis
- Own the emails and notification strategy as it pertains to building triggers for product education and various engagement loops
- Be an internal subject matter expert on email and push notification platform/experiences
- Gain hands on knowledge of our internal email and push CMS tools
- Present updates on strategy and results to leadership
- Make data-driven decisions and work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams
Experience & Skills Desired
- B.S. or M.S. degree and 8+ years of experience in digital growth marketing with a primary focus on funnel optimization, onboarding, email or push notifications
- A/B & multivariate testing experience
- Preferably proficient with SQL
- Experience with Email + Push platforms like Responsys, Exact Target, Braze, Leanplum, Urban Airship, etc.
- Highly disciplined and organized, self-motivated, looking for growth
- Great communication skills and a strong desire to learn
- You’re not just repeating a playbook; you’re looking at every problem with fresh eyes and digging deep for insights and solutions
- Highly analytical with strong skills and judgment to break down challenging problems and come up with solutions
- Must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.