Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Engineering / Vancouver, Canada
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion. We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us take our product to the next level.
At Flipboard we are re-imagining how people consume news and information in the world. The Data Products group drives this forward helping users in the face of information overload; producing newsfeed content tailored to you; connecting you with other users and recommending stories, topics and magazines. Using a wide range of data-driven techniques to achieve this, drawn from machine learning, collaborative filtering, topic modelling, entity extraction, psychology and old-fashioned straight-up product design. We deal with billions of signals daily, and this means developing high-performance distributed systems at scale.
This position is based in our downtown Vancouver office.
- Work with us on scaling and developing our data driven systems, ideally you have interest and abilities in both data science and engineering; as this is a hands-on role where you own the whole stack – from models to production.
- You will be working with a small team of engineers and data scientists.
- You will have your hand in a variety of projects – data collection, data analysis, algorithm development, scaling the system to tens of millions of daily active users and working with engineers across other teams in bringing our architecture forward.
- You will have substantial independence and responsibility from day one.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep programming proficiency, ideally with experience in Python, C++ and Java
- Solid background in Mathematics, Statistics and Machine Learning
- Self-starter with excellent communications skills
- Experience with implementing data-processing systems or machine learning systems at scale
- Full-stack AWS engineering experience a big plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Our CEO Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies.
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, health insurance, “Employee and Family Assistance Program” plus eligibility to participate in our pension plan with an employer match.
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs.
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies‐‐you name it, we celebrate it!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company.