Senior Manager, FP&A (Part-Time Contractor)
Finance / Redwood City, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our amazing Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
As Senior Manager of FP&A at Flipboard, you will partner with the executive team and controller to lead the company finance function on a part-time basis. This would include owning financial models for cash forecasting, working closely with department heads to manage department budgets, overseeing forecasts across the company, and supporting strategic planning.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of detail orientation, exceptional financial modeling skills, strong accounting skills, and offer a strong strategic perspective to help the business move forward.
- Own and drive all aspects of FP&A including annual budget and long-term financial plans, forecasts, variance analysis
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes (e.g. Monthly Budget vs Actual Reports, Quarterly Reviews, and Annual Budget)
- Maintain and improve company financial models
- Ability to build new models as needed
- Focus on cash management
- Ability to always keep financial and cash forecasts current
- Partner with department heads and their leadership teams to develop and manage their budgets
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance
- Partner with key business stakeholders to achieve company goals
- Partner with controller to maintain and improve KPIs, cash reports and financial schedules to provide visibility into financial performance
- Present company financial forecasts to executive team and board members
- Be involved in short and long term company strategic planning
- Be involved in operational decisions that has financial impact, including leases, commissions, T&E, capital spending, legal, etc.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and independently address new analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build models, validate assumptions, perform analyses, and present results
- Provide quarterly investor updates
- Prepare financial presentations for board meetings
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 10+ years of experience
- Intense modeling experience highly desired
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Proficient skills in Excel, Powerpoint (or Google Sheets and Slides)
- Familiarity with Netsuite a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly accountable, with ability to independently lead and coordinate complex projects across multiple subject and functional areas
- An intense desire to understand exactly what is driving the underlying business
- Financial acumen and natural ability to focus on appropriate areas of revenue, cost management, cash and overall company long term growth initiatives
- Willingness to proactively reach out to gather the information necessary to keep financial forecasts up-to-date
- Ability to summarize complex financial information to provide visibility and recommendations to senior management for decision making
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform