Senior Paralegal & Stock Administrator
Legal / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
We are looking for a senior level paralegal with stock administration, commercial, and corporate experience to join the Legal team. The successful candidate will partner with leads across the business to advance a range of equity, corporate, commercial, and advertising-related initiatives.
- Own the integrity and accuracy of equity data in Shareworks including the equity stock plan and capitalization table
- Administer and process all activity including grants, exercises and share issuances stock for Flipboard employees and others
- Maintain accurate participant data and track employee mobility
- Process option grants, exercises and cancellations in compliance with current regulations
- Develop and support an incredible participant experience including creating and presenting slides, addressing participant inquiries, and creating educational materials
- Draft and negotiate advertising insertion orders, NDAs, contractor agreements, partner agreements, leases, separation agreements, offer letters and other contracts with assistance from in-house attorneys
- Perform legal analysis for contractor classification and engagement
- Maintain Company’s database of all contracts, HR files, equity documents, investor correspondence, and dataroom for transactions
- Maintain intellectual property files and records to include trademark and patent applications, copyright filings, renewals and certificates; manage patent award program
- Own the investor information rights process and calendar; distribute information packets quarterly; act as primary contact for investor inquiries
- Manage legal budget and outside counsel spend/relationships
- Manage legal calendar and support attorneys as needed
- Function as liaison to finance group supporting the Company’s financing, acquisition, tax, audit and other efforts
- Provide support for the board of director and its committees, including drafting resolutions, consents, and similar materials
- Maintain corporate records for parent company and all subsidiaries, including capitalization records
- Prepare documents involving creation, merger, disposition of corporate subsidiaries, including entity formation, entity discussion, and entity foreign qualifications
- 6+ years of legal experience, ideally with a combination of law firm training and at least one in-house role with a small, private technology company
- Comfort and expertise in drafting and negotiating a broad spectrum of commercial contracts in the technology/intellectual property/content/distribution areas
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Sharp strategic thinker with ability to adapt to a broad spectrum of internal and external scenarios and contexts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic about the prospect of joining the world-class team behind a transformative platform
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.