Senior Product Manager, Monetization
Product Management / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion.
In this role, you will be responsible for everything from roadmap strategy to working with engineers and designers to define, spec, and ship features related to Flipboard’s monetization products and platform.
- Collaborating with internal business stakeholders (sales and marketing) as well as external technology partners
- Acting as the ultimate voice of the user and brands and report to the Head of Product Management
We encourage you to consider joining our team if you have:
- Experience in ad tech ecosystem. Whether building proprietary systems or integrating third-party solutions, you understand how advertising is bought, sold and delivered, and can make build/buy/partner decisions.
- Consumer product intuition. You’ll be the key decision-maker representing the interests of our customers, including advertisers and publishers, and you deeply understand how to create engaging experiences for our end users.
- Cross-functional leadership capability in leading teams from across the company (engineering, design, marketing, etc.) and effectively collaborate. You can communicate and translate requirements and priorities between business and technical audiences.
- Execution chops. We are a hands-on start-up, and our product leaders write specs and work closely with engineers to ensure product delivery.
- Analytical vigor. You love working with data to gain insights.
- 8+ years experience in product management, leading new product development
- Recent experience working in consumer product monetization
- BS in technical or analytical field, or proven track record
- Familiarity with DoubleClick for Publishers and related SSPs, DSPs, and DMPs from a variety of vendors preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free breakfast & lunch provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.