Senior Solutions Strategist
Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s first personal magazine used by tens of millions of people everyday. We are looking for a Senior Solutions Strategist to join our Sales Strategy Team. This role will work closely with the direct sales team to deliver ground-breaking mobile advertising solutions to top advertising clients in the Financial Services, Industry, and B2B verticals. This is a global role based in New York.
- Craft meaningful, insightful solutions to brand marketers that establish Flipboard as a strategic media, content distribution and business partner. Includes crafting overall strategy, supporting tactics and writing / packaging the idea into client-facing proposals.
- Translate the latest work from the Sales Strategy team (research, PR, trade marketing, brand positioning), Ad Product, and the Flipboard platform for our global sales team to ensure that day-to-day client-facing materials are accurate and put our best foot forward.
- Partner with sellers to craft proactive strategies to grow our top accounts, working across Sales Strategy and leadership teams.
- Regularly surface marketplace insights and category trends to Sales Strategy team to ensure that have the right solutions in place.
- Join sellers on client and agency pitches as needed.
- Lead vertical strategy sessions, product brainstorms and editorial meetings as a representative from sales and category expert.
- Act as a leader within the office: guide junior team members including sales planners and junior strategist on day-to-day proposals and mentor teammates along the way.
- 5+ years in brand marketing, specifically across mobile and digital platforms.
- Experience in the Financial Services, Industry, and Gov’t advertising categories.
- Impeccable strategic deck-writing skills.
- Proven track record delivering solutions while working with high-performing sales teams, understanding the business cycles and agency turnaround times.
- A leader who can rally all parts of the organization on behalf of the business to ensure that teammates feel invested, engaged and positive about the idea and process.
- Desire to work in a fast-moving company — we are creating the template for brand advertising on mobile, there is no script!
- Highly collaborative, solutions-oriented leader who moves our culture forward and exudes enthusiasm for Flipboard in and outside of the office.
Why Join Flipboard
- We build a product that 10s of millions of consumers use and love every day, transforming how people discover and share media. From the beginning we’ve been uncompromising in creating an environment that inspires great work and values the balanced lives of our staff. Our culture will enable you to learn and grow while you are shaping the product and the company. Plus:
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building highly successful and innovative companies.
- Collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision.
- Compensation includes base salary, commission and equity.
- Comprehensive and benefits including generous health care benefits, flexible hours for work life balance, are provided.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
This position resides in our NYC office and reports to the Head of Brand Solutions (NYC-based). Light to moderate travel required for client meetings, Palo Alto (headquarters), and other off-sites / conferences as needed.