Senior Web Engineer
Engineering / Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC, Canada
Share job post:
At Flipboard we are re-imagining how people discover, consume, and curate content across devices. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion. On the Web team, we’re looking for a full stack engineer to help develop modern, standards-based web applications that support that vision.
You’d be part of a small distributed team of engineers and designers. You will participate in research, prototyping, design, development and testing of new technologies and products. The role can be in either Seattle or Vancouver, BC.
- Help develop modern, standards-based web applications that support the Flipboard vision
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with shipping large scale web products
- In-depth understanding of web browser architecture and performance
- Experience working with React and Redux is a plus
- Experience working on mobile platforms is a plus, e.g., iOS, Android
- Expertise with web application frameworks
- Keen eye for clean UI implementation
- Strong knowledge of website design best practices
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience working with distributed development teams
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.