Social Media Manager
Content & Communications / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspective.
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative social media manager to helm all of our social channels such that they are an effective, engaging way to cultivate and grow the Flipboard community. You will set the strategy for each of our channels, be a savvy content-creating and analytics machine, run community programs, and work closely with the leads in community, editorial and marketing to ensure that our goals are met.
- Thoughtful daily output for Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram
- Monthly newsletter writing
- Hosting Twitter chats, including writing scripts and liaising with chat partners
- Daily engagement with the Flipboard communities
- Writing blog posts, including how-to posts and other instructional materials Creating (live) videos and/or podcasts
- Liaising with Support and Product on site issues and other community feedback
- 3-5 years in a social media or community manager role
- Fast, eloquent and clear blog writer
- Knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics
- Robust network in any community Video and/or audio production and editing skills
- Creative thinker
Benefits and Perks
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.