Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passions.
The Solutions Strategist is part of Flipboard’s Sales Strategy Team. This role will work closely with the direct sales team to deliver ground-breaking mobile advertising solutions to top advertising clients in the consumer and B2B technology verticals. This is a global role based in New York and reports to the Head of Brand Solutions (NYC-based). Light to moderate travel required for client meetings, Palo Alto (headquarters), and other off-sites / conferences as needed.
- Craft meaningful, insightful solutions to brand marketers that establish Flipboard as a strategic media, content distribution and business partner. Includes crafting overall strategy, supporting tactics and writing / packaging the idea into client-facing proposals.
- Translate the latest work from the Sales Strategy team (research, PR, trade marketing, brand positioning), Ad Product, and the Flipboard platform for our global sales team to ensure that day-to-day client-facing materials are accurate and put our best foot forward.
- Partner with sellers to craft proactive strategies to grow our top accounts, working across Sales Strategy and leadership teams.
- Regularly surface marketplace insights and category trends to Sales Strategy team to ensure that have the right solutions in place.
- Join sellers on client and agency pitches as needed.
- Lead vertical strategy sessions, product brainstorms and editorial meetings as a representative from sales and category expert.
- Drive Flipboard’s technology category forward through positioning, trade marketing, and sponsorships of marquee industry events.
- Act as a leader within the office: guide junior team members including sales planners and junior strategist on day-to-day proposals and mentor teammates along the way.
- 5+ years in brand marketing, specifically across mobile and digital platforms.
- Experience in the technology industry — consumer and/or enterprise.
- Impeccable strategic deck-writing skills.
- Proven track record delivering solutions while working with high-performing sales teams, understanding the business cycles and agency turnaround times.
- A leader who can rally all parts of the organization on behalf of the business to ensure that teammates feel invested, engaged and positive about the idea and process.
- Desire to work in a fast-moving company — we are creating the template for brand advertising on mobile, there is no script!
- Highly collaborative, solutions-oriented leader who moves our culture forward and exudes enthusiasm for Flipboard in and outside of the office.
Benefits and Perks:
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Lunch provided daily
- In-office, weekly happy hour
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard:
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.