Manager, Media Measurement and Analytics
Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs, and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos in their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspective.
Flipboard seeks a talented and self-motivated Manager, Media Measurement and Analytics, to help build and manage this global capability, as part of a broader data and insights team. This is an opportunity to build and manage a capability in an organization that values innovation, initiative, and partnership.
The ideal candidate would have a combination of client experience, technical skills and deep understanding of the media measurement, analytics and attribution space, ideally with apps. This role will be reporting into the Head of Insights, Performance and Data Strategy.
- Manage advertising research, measurement and attribution on Flipboard (brand impact, store traffic, sales, viewability, verification etc.)
- Oversee partnerships, implementation and reporting across global clients
- Develop and productize innovative solutions e.g., cross-device/cross-channel attribution etc. that meet global client needs
- Stay up-to-date on new/emerging metrics and evaluate partners/innovative solutions to measure them
- Oversee media performance and optimization on the platform including rigorous A/B testing and derivation of best practices on platform
- 7+ years of relevant experience in digital advertising or ad tech
- B.S. in an analytical/quantitative discipline preferred
- Deep knowledge of digital advertising measurement, attribution, implementation and reporting including the latest/emerging metrics, practices and approaches
- Excellent analytic and data analysis/data troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to build relationships (clients and internal teams)
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other report visualization tools
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, weddings/babies –– You name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.