Strategist, Brand Solutions
Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the largest premium curated content platform in the world, working with more than 4,000 publishers and covering 40,000 topics. We allow our users to reclaim their time, attention and focus by making it easy to stay informed and inspired by the stories and spaces that fuel their passions. For our advertisers, we provide a truly brand-safe environment, a uniquely receptive audience, and a rich creative palette – all of which translates into unprecedented outcomes for your brand.
Brand Solutions sits within the broader Brand Development organization and as part of this function, this Strategist role will be a major contributor to the success of Flipboard. Cross-functional partnership with Brand Planning and Account Management will be critical, with strong connectivity to Sales, Creative Services, and Editorial also being of significant importance. The role resides in our NYC office, reports to the Head of Brand Development, and is highly oriented towards developing and driving the ideas that lead to bigger, more successful campaigns with our advertising partners.
- Craft meaningful, insightful solutions to brand marketers that establish Flipboard as a strategic media, content distribution and business partner. Includes crafting overall strategy, supporting tactics and writing/packaging the idea into client-facing proposals.
- Translate the latest work from partnering functions (Creative Services, Data Solutions, PR, Trade Marketing, and Brand Positioning) for our global Sales team, ensuring that day-to-day client-facing materials are accurate and well-positioned.
- Partner with sellers to craft proactive strategies to grow our top accounts, working across multiple functions and leadership teams.
- Serve as a bridge to our Editorial team, aiding in the curation of stories and other content for our native advertising products
- Function as a connection to our Ad Product team, for exploration of new ideas or solutions.
- Partner with Data Solutions on audience development and 3rd-party measurement
- Broader materials ownership, including the Flipboard general sales presentation, Industry vertical presentations, and opportunity-centric one-sheeters
- Partner with Account Management to derive and evangelize business/brand-specific and vertical insights
- Regularly surface marketplace insights and category trends to ensure that have the right solutions in place.
- Join sellers in-market on brand and agency pitches as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in brand marketing, specifically across mobile and digital platforms.
- Experience in multiple industry verticals, with Financial Services, Travel, and CPG desired.
- Strong, strategic written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record delivering solutions while working with high-performing sales teams, understanding the business cycles and agency turnaround times.
- Highly collaborative, solutions-oriented individual who moves our culture forward while exuding enthusiasm for Flipboard, both internally and externally.
Benefits and Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team Celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies — you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.