Technical Recruiter (Contractor)
People / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile curation platform with more than 100 million monthly users and billions of user events daily. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion.
Flipboard is looking for an experienced and exceptional full life-cycle Technical Recruiter to join our team and partner with our leaders and hiring managers to support building our engineering and other technical teams. You will be the face of Flipboard to the engineering community and will be showcasing our values and opportunities to internal and external candidates.
This is a minimum 6-month contract role.
- Talent identification, attraction and assessment
- Source candidates through creative and strategic sourcing methods such as employee referrals, networking, research, and advanced search tools, etc.
- Partner with leaders and hiring managers on strategic recruitment initiatives
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant sourcing and recruiting experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of technology focused sourcing and recruiting experience
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentially at all times
- Strong business acumen
- A passion for your craft and a genuine commitment for providing an unforgettable candidate experience
- Self starter with a strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Successful track record of providing and placing direct sourced candidates
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and built strong productive relationships
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.