Watch What Inspires You Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- THE PROMOTION. The Watch What Inspires You Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a series of 5 overlapping individual sweepstakes, each beginning and ending in 7 days, over the course of 28 days.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on August 7, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on September 4, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will make four (4) separate weekly drawings, offered each week (each a “Unique Weekly Drawing”), and one (1) grand prize drawing. Entries for the grand prize drawing will be accepted throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of the Sweepstakes and Weekly Drawings, a week is defined as, and entries shall be received for that particular Drawing, between Monday 12:01 a.m. PST and Sunday 11:59 p.m. PST. All time referenced herein is Pacific Standard Time. Sponsor’s server clock is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Weekly Drawing Dates:
Drawing #1 – 8/14/2017 at 12:00pm
Drawing #2 – 8/21/2017 at 12:00pm
Drawing #3 – 8/28/2017 at 12:00pm
Drawing #4 – 9/4/2017 at 12:00pm
Grand Prize Drawing – 9/4/2017 at 12:00 pm
- ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Unique Weekly Drawing and for the grand prize.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANT. Each week, all eligible Entrants are entered into a random drawing by a representative of Sponsor. The selection for the Unique Weekly Drawing will be held weekly according to the table set forth above in Section Three (“Drawing Dates”) to determine one (1) potential winner per day for each Weekly Drawing prize and One (1) potential grand prize winner at the end of the Sweepstakes Period (“Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be notified through the email or social media account associated with Entrant’s Flipboard account within seventy-two (72) hours of the end date of the Sweepstakes Period (“Notification”). The Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within two (2) business days of attempted Notification. Selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize(s), and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, up to four (4) times. The Selected Entrant may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Prize Provider to use (without additional compensation) his or her name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor may not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrant.
- PRIZE: If eligible under these Rules, four (4) Selected Entrants from each Unique Weekly Drawing will be awarded a prize with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of at least $450.00; and one (1) Selected Entrant will be awarded one (1) grand prize package with an ARV of $2,500.00.Each Unique Weekly Drawing represents a new sweepstakes and a winner from a prior Unique Weekly Drawing remains eligible to win in every Unique Weekly Drawing. The prize for the Unique Weekly Drawing consist of:
- GoPro Hero 5 Bundle (includes black Hero5, camera mount, and a switch bag).GoPro Hero 5 Bundle (includes black Hero5, camera mount, and a switch bag).
Total ARV of the Unique Weekly Drawing Sweepstakes: $450.00.
The grand prize package is a trip for two (2) to Turtle Bay Resort in O’ahu, Hawaii from December 8 to 10, 2017, which consists of:
- Round trip airfare for two (2) from a major airport nearest the grand prize winner’s home to O’ahu, Hawaii; Selected Entrant that lives within fifty (50) miles of the City of Honolulu will be provided with an American Express gift card worth $150.00 which may be used for ground transportation, including gas.
- Hotel accommodations consisting of a two (2) nights stay in at Turtle Bay Resort, up to $279.00 per night including taxes and fees (grand prize winner will not receive a surplus, if any); and, breakfast and an activity.
Total ARV of grand prize: $2,500.00 (or $1,500.00 is Selected Entrant lives within the island of O’ahu).
- PRIZE CONDITIONS. Grand prize winner will be featured in an GoPro sponsored article published on Flipboard. Grand prize winner may be eligible for additional prizes at Sponsor’s discretion if grand prize winner agrees to be photographed and/or filmed during the trip to be published in an GoPro sponsored Flipboard magazine. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrants cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize Notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited and may not be re-awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion.Grand prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and must have all necessary identification and travel documents. Choice of airline and accommodation shall be at the discretion of Sponsor. Once flight arrangements and reservations have been issued, they shall not be changed, re-sold, endorsed, exchanged, transferred or in any other manner modified by grand prize winner. Travel must be completed by October 31, 2017. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and to the terms of conditions of the airline and accommodation provider. Grand prize winner and guests are solely responsible for any other unspecified expenses related to the travel prize, including without limitation: meals, ground transportation, gratuities, incidental accommodation expenses, baggage charges, upgrades and any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize, including special airport taxes and fees. Guest of grand prize winner must sign a liability release and the signed release must be received before travel will be booked. Grand prize winner must notify Sponsor of requested travel times; otherwise Sponsor reserves the right to alter the request to accommodate availability. If chosen accommodation does not have any available dates that grand prize winner wants or if prize cannot be awarded, GoPro or GoPro’s travel agent will work with grand prize winner on an alternative of similar or greater value.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrants and Selected Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- DISPUTES: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants consent to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of California for the resolution of any and all disputes. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s acceptance of the Prize(s) constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s full name, social media handles, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, including without limitation on Sponsor and its affiliates’ program(s), website(s) and social media page(s).
- WINNER’S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a winner’s list after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, please visit here. Requests must be received no later than ninety (90) days after the end of the Sweepstakes. Please specify the date on which the Sweepstakes began.
© 2017 Flipboard, Inc. All rights reserved.