5 Reasons Why Pictures Make Your Flipboard Magazine Better
Business Blog / June 8, 2015
- The brain processes images 60K times faster than text.
- 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- 40% of our neural tissue is directly or indirectly related to vision.
- 65-80% of the population are “visual learners.”
- Image captions can help improve SEO: Search engines not only crawl the text on your webpage, but they also search for keywords and hashtags within your image file names.
Here’s how to flip your own photos and creative into your Flipboard magazine:
With iOS 8, you can flip items in your Camera Roll into your magazine. Visit any picture you want to flip into a magazine, select the share icon and choose Flipboard. If Flipboard does not appear, tap on “More” to enable it.
Here is a quick video that shows how it works on Android. Go to gallery, then tap on the photo you want. Tap the Android share icon in the top right, then select Flipboard in the dropdown list. Pick the magazine you want to flip into.
Now that you know why photos are so powerful and how to flip your own photos into your magazine, test a few different covers and see which is more eye-catching. A great cover is needed to draw your readers in.