Flipboard is your social magazine built for a mobile world. By showcasing social media and Web content in a print-style magazine, it’s one place to enjoy and share all of your news and life’s great moments.
How to Share Content on Flipboard:
Flipboard is a community of people who love to share and discover inspired and inspiring content. If you stick to the following recommendations when curating magazines, we’ll all have a great time here.
- Flip creatively. Anything that inspires you can define a magazine: topics you love, places you want to go, articles to read later, things you want share with friends, and more. Remember that your magazines are public by default, so don’t add anything you wouldn’t want your mom or boss to see. Make your magazine private if you want to keep it to yourself.
- Flip respectfully. Flipboard users are from all over the world, with diverse interests and perspectives—that’s what makes it such an exciting place. When you leave a comment or interact with others, keep in mind that you’re talking to a real person. Treat our community the way you want to be treated.
- Flip genuinely. Be yourself. Share what you love and comment earnestly on others’ work. Quality interactions help our ecosystem thrive and strengthen our community. You might even experience a boomerang back to you in your Notifications, where you can see who’s interacting with your flips.
- Flip watchfully. Help us cultivate a healthy community. If you see content that’s objectionable or unsafe, tap and hold the item, then select “Report”. The item will be removed from your device and someone from our Community Support team will review it. If you’d just rather not hear from a person, but there’s nothing unsavory about the content, you can “Mute Author.”
- Comment responsibly. Don’t be a jerk. We have zero tolerance for comments that are racist, hateful, threatening or disrespectful, and reserve the right to remove comments that:- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others.
– Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
– Contain swear words or other language likely to offend.
– Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
– Advertise products or services for profit or gain.
– Are seen to impersonate someone else.
– Include personal information such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses.
– Contain links to other websites which break our Community Guidelines.
– Are considered to be spam.
- Have fun! You’ll be amazed by what you see on Flipboard. Enjoy exploring, collecting, saving and sharing beautiful, inspiring, cool and interesting content. Do you have feedback for us? Click here to connect with our support team inside the app.
How NOT to Share Content on Flipboard:
Flipboard is not a place to consume or curate adult or illegal content. Just don’t do it. Accounts that persistently showcase inappropriate content will be closed and may face further disciplinary action. Other no-nos:
- Don’t share illegal or prohibited content such as child pornography, encouragement of illegal acts or infringing intellectual property. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as set forth in our Terms of Service.
- Don’t flip overly violent or dangerous content, including hate speech or abuse of any kind such as the promotion of self-mutilation, eating disorders or drug abuse.
- Don’t share content that qualifies as phishing or spam or that might abuse or present a security threat to Flipboard.
- Don’t share pornography, graphic sexual content or nudity intended to titillate.
- Don’t threaten, stalk, bully or harass other members of the community. Credible real-world threats will be taken seriously and may be escalated to law enforcement.
- Don’t invade the privacy or misuse the personal identity of someone else. This includes posting someone’s real-world identity, personal details or contact information without his or her permission.
Supported with Love in Palo Alto, California