Flipboard is your social magazine built for a mobile world. By showcasing social media and Web content in a print-style magazine, it’s one place to enjoy and share all of your news and life’s great moments.
How to Share Content on Flipboard:
Flipboard is a community of people who love to share and discover inspired and inspiring content. If you stick to the following recommendations when curating magazines, we’ll all have a great time here.
- Flip creatively. Anything that inspires you can define a magazine: topics you love, places you want to go, articles to read later, things you want share with friends, and more. Remember that your magazines are public by default, so don’t add anything you wouldn’t want your mom or boss to see. Make your magazine private if you want to keep it to yourself.
- Flip respectfully. Flipboard users are from all over the world, with diverse interests and perspectives—that’s what makes it such an exciting place. When you leave a comment or interact with others, keep in mind that you’re talking to a real person. Treat our community the way you want to be treated.
- Flip genuinely. Be yourself. Share what you love and comment earnestly on others’ work. Quality interactions help our ecosystem thrive and strengthen our community. You might even experience a boomerang back to you in your Notifications, where you can see who’s interacting with your flips.
- Flip watchfully. Help us cultivate a healthy community. If you see content that’s objectionable or unsafe, tap and hold the item, then select “Report”. The item will be removed from your device and someone from our Community Support team will review it. If you see content that appears to be intentionally misleading, please email email@example.com. If you’d rather not see items from a person or publisher but there’s nothing unsavory about the content you can “Mute Site.
- Comment responsibly. Don’t be a jerk. We have zero tolerance for comments that are racist, hateful, threatening or disrespectful, and reserve the right to remove comments that:- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others.
– Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
– Contain swear words or other language likely to offend.
– Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
– Advertise products or services for profit or gain.
– Are seen to impersonate someone else.
– Include personal information such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses.
– Contain links to other websites which break our Community Guidelines.
– Are considered to be spam.
- Have fun! You’ll be amazed by what you see on Flipboard. Enjoy exploring, collecting, saving and sharing beautiful, inspiring, cool and interesting content. Do you have feedback for us? Click here to connect with our support team inside the app.
How NOT to Share Content on Flipboard:
Flipboard is not a place to consume or curate adult or illegal content. Just don’t do it. Accounts that persistently showcase inappropriate content will be closed and may face further disciplinary action. Other no-nos:
- Don’t share illegal or prohibited content such as child pornography, encouragement of illegal acts or infringing intellectual property. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as set forth in our Terms of Service.
- Don’t flip overly violent or dangerous content, including hate speech or abuse of any kind such as the promotion of self-mutilation, eating disorders or drug abuse.
- Don’t share content that qualifies as phishing or spam or that might abuse or present a security threat to Flipboard.
- Don’t share pornography, graphic sexual content or nudity intended to titillate.
- Don’t threaten, stalk, bully or harass other members of the community. Credible real-world threats will be taken seriously and may be escalated to law enforcement.
- Don’t invade the privacy or misuse the personal identity of someone else. This includes posting someone’s real-world identity, personal details or contact information without his or her permission.
- Don’t share content or comments that are intended to silence criticism or speech. If any user, including a government official, engages in such activity Flipboard may take disciplinary action including account termination.
Flipboard Travelers Web Beta: Community Guidelines
Thank you for joining Flipboard Travelers Web Beta! To ensure the best possible experience and safety for all group members, we have established some basic community guidelines for participation.
Flipboard Travelers Web Beta is a public community designed to facilitate group conversations about travel destinations and getaways and to connect you with fellow travel enthusiasts. It’s a great place to enjoy content shared by the group, ask questions about relevant topics, benefit from member feedback and insights, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
By joining the Flipboard Travelers Web Beta, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines for Flipboard Travelers Web Beta online communities and abide by Flipboard Community Guidelines.
Please take a moment to review the Flipboard Travelers Web Beta Rules and Community Guidelines. In order to create a place that encourages positive conversations and community connections, Flipboard reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership for members who violate these rules.
Flipboard Travelers Web Beta Rules:
- All posts should be personal and relevant—no spam or promotional posts. All comments and shared links must clearly relate to the group topic and add value to the community and conversation.
- Be nice. Be respectful. Treat other members in the group with civility, respect, and consideration. No hate speech allowed of any kind.
- Do not disparage, criticize, bully, threaten or harass any person or company participating in the group. Do not post comments that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not share personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, etc. for yourself or anyone else.
Supported with Love in Palo Alto, California