Let’s Get Brunch! A Flipboard Guide to Galentine’s Day
Jenn de la Vega / February 4, 2016
February 13 is Galentine’s Day, an unofficial holiday when you can kick back and have brunch with your favorite gals. It’s a nice day to reflect and cultivate sisterhood before Valentine’s Day. We can thank Amy Poehler‘s Leslie Knope of Parks and Recreation for its invention. She says Galentine’s day is like “Lilith Fair minus the angst, plus frittatas.”
Plan your own Galentine’s day brunch with your friends in a few easy steps with this Flipboard guide:
- Find a place to eat or figure out a brunch menu to make.
- Decide on waffles or pancakes (or both)?
- Pick a bubbly: sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne.
- Invite your best gal pals. Amy Poehler would definitely invite Tina Fey!
- Celebrate lady friends (and those you will soon admire) in these Flipboard Magazines:
FEMEN-8 by Apt8i: Navigate the always-changing world of modern feminism.
Working Women by Jenna Powers: Inspiration and insight from trailblazing lady bosses.
Women and Girls Who Innovate by Beth Blecherman: You’re going to find it very difficult to NOT have a crush on these movers and shakers.
Warrior Women by TakePart: From Hillary to Beyonce, read about—and learn from—some of the strongest women on the planet.
Girlfriends Etiquette by Lushawnya Dedman Thomas: Good advice on how to slay, every single day.
How will you celebrate Galentine’s Day? Tweet us at @FlipboardMag.
~jdlv is thinking about eggs (all the time)
GET FLIPBOARD ON:
FOLLOW US ON: