Support Women With These Five Flipboard Magazines
Mia Quagliarello / March 7, 2017
It’s going to be a particularly charged International Women’s Day this year, with the people behind the Women’s March calling for a #DayWithoutAWoman strike to draw attention to the need for “gender justice” in our society. At least two schools have announced their closure, while other businesses have said they’ll shutter their doors on March 8 in solidarity. Time will tell if the “Women’s Strike” will have its intended social and economic consequences; some worry that it’s a protest for the privileged.
Here are five ways to follow along, get a deeper understanding of the issues, and feel the love for the ladies in life.
- Women’s Daily by Flipboard and Women in the World: In association with The New York Times, the Women in the World platform convenes female leaders, activists and changemakers to share stories and offer solutions for a better life for women and girls. The eighth annual summit (#WITW) takes place April 5-7, 2017, in NYC and this magazine will be right there with updates and news. Until then, follow it for daily stories about the new face of feminism, how to empower women, inspiring role models and advocates for equality, and many other pieces that will make you think, feel and act.
- Women’s Rights Now! by Wolf of the New Dawn: Articles about “the slow and steady march towards gender equality.”
- Women’s Health by Doctors Without Borders: “Women and their children are the most vulnerable when access to health care is obstructed,” explains this magazine. The Doctors Without Borders team curates its organization’s posts, along with stories from The Guardian, Quartz, TIME and others writing about women’s health around the world.
- Women (WOW) by Arati Sharma: Nearly 24,000 stories about “women in all her facets: her achievements, contributions, issues, views, perspectives, struggles and successes.”
- Inspiring Women by Nazneen Rahman: A killer compendium by an inspiring woman herself: Nazneen Rahman, a doctor and scientist in London working on discovering genes that cause cancer. (Read our 2013 profile of her.)
Our Medium post from 2016 has 11 more important Flipboard Magazines to follow for International Women’s Day. ✊🏼
~Mia is reading My Wave Feminism
Women in the World: Women’s Daily
Flipboard Magazine for the sisterhood. Follow for uplifting stories about the women on the frontlines of change, the new face of feminism, and articles that will make you think, feel and act. Curated by Flipboard for Women in the World, an initiative for female leaders, activists and changemakers to share stories and offer solutions for a better life for women and girls.view the magazine
Wolf of the New Dawn: Women’s Rights Now!
The slow and steady march towards gender equality.view the magazine
Doctors Without Borders: Women’s Health
Women and their children are the most vulnerable when access to health care is obstructed.view the magazine
Nazneen Rahman: Inspiring Women
Women that inspire for anyone in need of inspirationview the magazine